📱 2022-08-18 00:05:00 – Paris/France.
Google showed off upcoming changes in the August 2022 Google Play system updates, including the Material You helper app for Android and a redesign of AutoFill.
While many new Android features arrive with annual releases like Android 13, our phones also receive many updates throughout the year through Google Play Services. This app, combined with the Play Store and “Google Play system updates” introduced with Android 10, forms the basis of much of what makes our phones smart. Every month, Google shares what’s new in these three pillars, with new patch notes arriving throughout the month.
The easiest way to check if you need to update Google Play Services on your phone is to follow a direct link to the app’s Play Store listing and update it from there, if available. To update the Play Store, tap your avatar in the corner, then tap “Settings.” In the “About” section, you will see an option to “Update Play Store”. Meanwhile, Google Play system updates can be found through the Settings app under About phone > Android version > Google Play system update.
Although the first patch notes arrive almost in the middle of the month, there is not much to say in August’s Google Play system updates. The only change that most people will likely notice is an overhaul to Android’s AutoFill system. We’ll be keeping an eye on this revamp over the coming weeks.
Elsewhere, we also see Google planning to bring a Material You overhaul, complete with dynamic colors, to Android’s built-in help system. So far it doesn’t seem to be live even on devices running Android 13.
Google Play system updates for August 2022
Google Play Store
- Play-as-you-download enhancements to allow gamers to start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce wait times
- New features to help you discover the apps and games you love
- Optimizations for faster and more reliable download and installation
- New features of the Play Pass and Play Points programs
- Google Play billing improvements
- Ongoing improvements to Play Protect to protect your device
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and security, stability, and accessibility improvements
- [Phone] This release adds link groups to GoogleHelp to give users step-by-step help instructions from apps.
- [Phone] Adds Material 3 dynamic color support in Android Help
System management and diagnostics
- [Phone] New settings screens provide better visibility and control of Google Play Services features on your device.
- [Phone] New user interface for autofill
- [Phone] Allows users to add new e-money cards to Google Pay to pay in transit and in stores in Japan
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support location and context-related developer services in their apps
- Updates to system management services that improve security and stability.
FTC: We use revenue-generating automatic affiliate links. Suite.
Check out 9to5Google on YouTube for more info:
SOURCE : Digikar
Do not hesitate to share our article on social networks to give us a solid boost. 📲